Love it or hate it, Valentine’s day is big business for small business.
You don’t have to sell flowers or chocolate to add a boost to your sales in February. Show your customers you care with some great deals and reap the rewards.
We’ve put together a few ideas to help you show your customers some love and make the most of this sweet holiday.
- Give something away. Have a couples themed giveaway like dinner and a movie. The catch? Couples are only entered when they shop at your store or place an order on your website.
- Start a partnership. It is the season of love, after all. Why not couple up with a local business to offer a specially priced Valentine’s package? You both get to make a customer happy. Everybody wins.
- Incorporate creatively. Tie your products into the holiday. If you’re selling specialty food items, why not send out an email including a recipe for the perfect Valentine’s meal? If you’re running a pet business, highlight Valentine’s themed treats and accessories. Make sure to leave enough time for your customer to pop in or order the product you’re highlighting!
- Reward loyalty. Thank your best customers. If you have a loyalty program, consider doubling their points for the month of February. If your run an online shop, sneak a little gift into a package or give a free shipping upgrade. A little unprompted love can go a long way for customer loyalty and help that customer become a real ambassador for your brand.
- Not for profit? Last, but definitely not least, if your business is a charity or not for profit, why not appeal to people’s generous side by asking them to spend that candy money on helping the needy? Your loved one is sure to appreciate your support of the cause nearest and dearest to them.
How does your small business plan to make the most out of Valentine’s Day? Let us know in the comments below.