Spring is finally on the way!
There’s fresh snow on the ground, but we are finally halfway through March and there is hope in the air! I know we’re all dying to get outside and do some spring cleaning, but we aren’t quite there yet. So let’s make the most of these last couple weeks of winter.
This is a great time to tidy up your online presence.
It’s easy to set up new websites or social media profiles. But then we get busy and let them sit around gathering virtual dust. We’re all guilty of it. The good news is that it only takes a few moments to go through these simple tasks and clean up.
Take an hour or two every day to tackle one of these lists and you’ll have a clean and shiny new online presence in less than a week. It’ll feel almost as good as the first time you get to mow the lawn in April, I promise.
- As you prepare to open the windows and let fresh air into your house, why not do the same for your online home? Run through this quick checklist to remove clutter and breath new life into your website.
- Add some new content. Start a blog, upload a video or update your photography.
- Update important information (about page, contact info, etc.).
- If you have event listings, are they current? Make sure your upcoming events are added.
- Use this free tool to easily check your website for broken links.
- Update copyright information (the date in the footer of your website).
- Using an outdated profile photo? Stale cover image? Spruce up your Facebook and Twitter profiles by adding fresh images. Bonus points for consistency.
- Check your bios. Does your Twitter bio accurately reflect who you are and what you do? If it’s been a while, update accordingly.
- Double check your information. Make sure your contact info and hours of operation are correct.
- Find your business and, when possible, claim the listing.
- Make sure your listings are up to date with current information and an appealing picture.
- Take a moment to thank people who may have reviewed your business in the past and address any unfavourable comments.
Local review sites like these have excellent SEO in place, so it’s always a good idea to maintain up to date profiles.
Overwhelmed by email? Clean out your personal inbox.
Ditch those email subscriptions cluttering up your inbox. It’s surprisingly liberating.
Stroll over to Unroll.me and pop in your details to see and manage all of your email subscriptions one place. Then, kick back and watch the endless stream of unwanted email go away. You’re welcome.